[systemd-devel] failure to disable a servie from restarting

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 13 14:00:59 PST 2013

Am 13.01.2013 22:57, schrieb Paul Wouters:
> On 01/12/2013 04:33 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

>> The part that you quoted even explicitly says that 'systemctl disable'
>> has no effect on the running system!
>
> I interpreted that as "from now on, systemd will not restart the service, but it will not stop the running
> service". So that when I manually killed the daemon, I expected it to _not_ start it.....

stop a daemon = systemctl stop
that is really easy to understand

kill outside of systemctl is "hmm dameon has gone way and i was told to restart"

this is really really easy

what is not so easy and broken by desing is that
"systemctl stop wahterver.service" on a service
with a systemd-socket triggers to get the service started
again if something try to access the port