[systemd-devel] new user/group population on bootup

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Sun Jun 15 23:31:50 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014, at 02:56 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> BTW: given that there's now at least Colin, Kay, me, and CoreOS working
> on getting empty /etc working, can we at least try to agree where the
> vendor versions of the files should be? I am kinda voting for
> /usr/share/etc, and this is prime bike shedding material,

Yeah:
http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/fhs-discuss/2014-March/000440.html

Maybe worth re-raising on that list now that you have a new proposal
besides /usr/etc which people didn't like?

I think though the key decision makers here are the rpm/dpkg people,
since neither of them have anything concrete (though dpkg plans it for
/var), we have the opportunity to make a common choice.