[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd quietly ignores DHCPv6 leases

Patrik Flykt Patrik.Flykt at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 15 00:58:28 PST 2015

	Hi,

On Wed, 2015-01-14 at 16:37 +0100, Barbara Lazarowicz-Steube wrote:
> As you can see in it, having received the RA networkd correctly
> identifies the local network as managed and fires up the DHCPv6
> client. The client then receives a reply from the server and... does
> absolutely nothing with it.

Indeed. I so thought I had a patch applied that set the DHCPv6 address
for the interface. Apparently such functionality has gone into /dev/null
instead, and as a result you will need the next version of the DHCPv6
address assignment patch recently posted on the mailing list.

Anyway it is excellent news that DHCPv6 is being used out there!

Cheers,

	Patrik