[systemd-devel] Drop systemd-ui

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:41:57 PDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 02:27 PM, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> >And from the looks of it the Red Hat desktop team maintainers in Gnome seem
>> >to be expecting the Gnome users to be using Red Hat's own product cockpit to
>> >take care of that.
> sorry, but that's not a real replacement for systemadm. Don't want to
> run a webservice just to inspect my local system. That's way overkill.

No argument here and I personally had been expected David King to take
care of writing and maintaining the native Gnome application. That
however has not happened yet.

>> >I'm pretty sure those that disagree with that in the Gnome community will
>> >step up and write their own application which they can base on the KDE one
>> >if they want to.
> Tbh, I don't see the problem. After all, systemd-ui is already split
> into a separate repo.

The problem is nobody is maintaining this so someone either steps up
from the community, takes ownership of the application and cleans it up
in the process, and makes it a prime example of what could be done ui
wise in systemd or we drop it ( unless people are huge fan of things bit
rotting ).

JBG