[systemd-devel] Drop systemd-ui

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:58:42 PDT 2015

When I made the final ConsoleKit release, I added a NEWS entry, saying
that this software was discontinued and pointing to the replacements.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ConsoleKit/commit/?id=af75e100dc4d4fac2e1633aa134e40e390d38918

We could do something similar for systemd-ui. That said, I think there
is value in simply keeping the repo around.

>> sorry, but that's not a real replacement for systemadm. Don't want to
>> run a webservice just to inspect my local system. That's way overkill.
>

> No argument here and I personally had been expected David King to take care
> of writing and maintaining the native Gnome application. That however has
> not happened yet.

>> Tbh, I don't see the problem. After all, systemd-ui is already split
>> into a separate repo.
>

> The problem is nobody is maintaining this so someone either steps up from
> the community, takes ownership of the application and cleans it up in the
> process, and makes it a prime example of what could be done ui wise in
> systemd or we drop it ( unless people are huge fan of things bit rotting ).
>
> JBG

universe are pointed away from Earth?