[Tango-artists] java update for version 0.6.1

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Fri Dec 9 15:14:36 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 15:43 -0500, Michael Heuer wrote:
> Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > None of the above icons actually exist yet. They have not been drawn
> > in any size.
>
> Right, but they are listed as icons in the legacy-icon-mapping.xml file.
> Just means the icon theme and the mapping utilities are a bit out of sync?

The icon-naming-utils are useful for more than just Tango. It is meant
to list icons in the spec, as well as useful deprecated icons. It will
most likely always list more icons than are available in the Tango icon
theme itself. The goal for it is to be a simple utility, to allow other
theme maintainers to port their theme to the Icon Naming Specification,
while keeping it backward compatible, until we can fully migrate the
desktops and applications to using the spec. For the purposes of your
distribution of Tango, you probably don't need this, I guess? I am not
really sure how all of the stuff you are doing works, technically. My
guess is that you don't need the mapping for symlink creation.

-- dobey