[Tango-artists] Tango Project for Windows XP

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Thu May 4 07:16:38 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 06:52 -0500, Taliessin Penfound wrote:
> And another, with a sane way of applying icons system-wide:
> http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27940418/
> Of course, it's completely in-sane, but it does have the benefit of
> providing applications that pull icons directly from libraries instead
> of checking the registry keys with the correct icon, and allows icons to
> be applied in many places other than the ones defined in IconPackager.
>
> (Yes, I'm the maintainer for it... shameless self-promotion at its worst.)
> (On the bright side, shameless self promotion segues perfectly into
> submitting some of my own Tango-ish work I did for it to the mailing
> list for comments. Flame away!)

Flame? No way man. This rocks. I'm using it on my winxp laptop right
now, albeit an older version. I can't say that I like the use of the
GNOME foot logo and the lack of the "Start" text for the start menu
though. I think that's the clearlooks theme you're using in that shot
though, no?

However, we should definitely chat. I've been going through various
dlls, applications, and such, looking for other icons to replace with
things we have replacements for already. I've still yet to discover
where the XP bluetooth driver icons for the tray and control panel
applet are coming from though. But, I did get some nice ones hacked
together for the Widcomm bluetooth drivers, which you can see in the
screenshot I posted in my blog[1] about it.

Feel free to hang out in #tango on irc.freenode.net . I've got plenty
of questions about how you're doing some of the colorspace conversions
to work with the lower color palettes. :)

-- dobey

[1] http://primates.ximian.com/~dobey/