[Tango-artists] Boycott Everything Novell

Landy DeField landy at revelinux.com
Fri Nov 3 20:18:50 PST 2006

It is indeed a sad week for anyone who supports and contributes to free
software. Unfortunately Novell the company who is funding the
development of the Tango icon set has gone and done something very
foolish. As a result many developers and other companies that have a
much longer and better history of contributing to FOSS may be seriously
hurt. I cannot in good conscious use or support the use of the Tango
icon set. I would encourage everyone who values freedom above all else
to remove all SUSE/Novell products and discontinue use of all Novell
projects including Tango.