[Tango-artists] Expanding Tango for web apps

Marty Vance marty.vance at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 11:27:06 PDT 2007

Hello Tango artists,

I am a manager of an open source CMS/application framework called
Xaraya.  Recently we have considered adopting Tango as our icon set.

Upon analyzing Tango's icon library, I've found that Tango expectedly
skews toward desktop software.  For web apps, Tango has some gaps.
For example, web apps could certainly use the mime-type icons, however
for modularized software (like Xaraya), Tango lacks icons for
identifying and managing modules, both status and action.

Xaraya would like to work with Tango to make Tango more complete for
web applications.

For Xaraya specifically, I have assembled a list of icon concepts at
http://www.xaraya.com/~dracos/xaraya_icons.html used in Xaraya's core.
 I wrote descriptions, however the concepts should be replaced to mesh
with Tango's visual guidelines.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Marty Vance