[Tango-artists] Advise on icon wanted

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 07:38:43 PST 2008

Hi,

Just one thing that sticks out, and probably is preventing the UI and
the one icon you've done, from being the best they can be.

Looking at the "Documentation" on gcstar.org, I see that "Tonight"
just simply plays a random item in the database. Based on that, the
term "Tonight" doesn't seem to have anything to do with the action.
It's not at all based on the time of day, or anything relating to
today, or night. Perhaps clarifying that in the UI will help to design
a more fitting icon for it. A suggestion might be to call it "Play
Random", and to re-title "Play" to "Play Selected". With that, you can
re-design both icons to be more appropriate for their actions.

As far as your icon goes, I don't think it fits at all. A chat bubble
just doesn't make any sense for the action, and the time of day is
irrelevant as I mentioned above. But it is a nice drawing. :)

-- dobey