[Telepathy] Improved chandler/filter system for MC

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Fri Oct 26 01:42:21 PDT 2007

Le mardi 09 octobre 2007 à 14:55 +0200, Xavier Claessens a écrit :
> 4) GTetrinet wants to receive Tubes channels and TubeID ONLY if the
> tube's service is "tetrinet-x".

To be honest, I'm not sure if "tubes handler files" should be integrated
with the chandler/filter system.
Tubes applications don't care about channels (even the tubes channel),
they just want to be notified when a new tube providing their service is
offered.
If we want to see tubes massively adopted by external apps, we have to
make their integration as simple as possible.

Another use case I'd like to see is the ability to *offer* a new tube
using Empathy (It will still be possible to do it using directly the
application of course).
So, you right click on a contact or a muc, and have a sub-set of the
"Applications" menu (only applications having tubes support), you
choose, say, GTetrinet and we do all the magic to launch the app,
request the tubes channel if needed and offer the tube to the
contact/muc.

Not sure how to do that for now but that would definitely be a rocking
feature!

	G.