[Telepathy] Proposal for tp-glib client code

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 21:27:50 PST 2008

I'm updating Empathy to use the new API and I saw that TpConnection has an
introspect queue. I had an idea:

What about moving the "ready" property to TpProxy and put the queue there,
with a method like
tp_proxy_add_introspect_func(TpProxy*,TpProxyIntrospectFunc*); Like that
TpChannel and TpConnection which inherint from TpProxy will have that queue
to add requests for everything that could be cached before being "ready".
And it makes my live easier in empathy since I'm planning to have
EmpathyTpGroup inheriting from TpChannel and add stuffs like GetMembers and
GetSelfHandle in that introspect queue. Of course EmpathyTpGroup could be
moved to tp-glib (But not as it is right now).

Xavier Claessens.