[Telepathy] Black-box Testing Spec.

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 02:07:15 PDT 2009

Le vendredi 14 août 2009 à 15:22 +0100, David Laban a écrit :
> I was talking to smcv on IRC, and he said that there wasn't currently a
> black-box testing framework for connection managers.

Sounds very interesting! I've been dreaming about such tool since
ages :)

> Packaging will be done using python's setuptools, and it will be
> possible to easy_install into a virtualenv for easy deployment. If
> source-debs are required, I'll create them using
> http://easy-deb.sourceforge.net/ and do a bit of hand-tuning.

setuptools is giving us lot of pain in telepathy-python (we already
fucked 2 releases because of it and still don't understand exactly where
was the problem). Autotools is far from being my best friend but that's
probably a better choice as it's used in almost all TP projects and TP
hackers are used to it.

> 5: This level includes all of the bonus functionality that pidgin
> doesn't support, like voice/video, stream tubes and the like.

Telepathy-salut contains some tubes tests which are, iirc, completely
protocol/CM agnostic (test-two-muc-stream-tubes.py,
two-muc-dbus-tubes.py, test-two-private-stream-tubes.py).

Hopefully you should be able to re-use them with minimal changes.

	G.