[Telepathy] Black-box Testing Spec.

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 03:36:10 PDT 2009

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 at 15:22:45 +0100, David Laban wrote:
> 1: I will check that each connection manager has valid .manager and
> ..profile files associated with it, and explain where they should go if
> missing.

.manager is not mandatory, please consult telepathy-spec and/or the
TpConnectionManager source code.

.profile is no longer mandatory when Empathy finally starts using Mission
Control 5.

Various other features that you may think are mandatory are actually optional,
for the simple reason that not every protocol can sensibly support them :-)
In general, IRC is usually the protocol that doesn't have them, either through
protocol deficiencies or telepathy-idle deficiencies.

Regards,
    Simon