[Telepathy] problems running the test examples in telepathy

Danielle Madeley danielle.madeley at collabora.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 00:12:03 PDT 2010

Hi Vikram,

If I had to guess, your problem is that you're compiling a newer version
of inspect-channel.c than your system-installed telepathy-glib (which is
what you're trying to compile against).

It should compile cleanly against the telepathy-glib source you got
inspect-channel.c from. Otherwise, upgrade your telepathy-glib.

Hope this helps,

--danni

On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 12:23 +0530, ved kpl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run some of the test client  examples in the telepathy package,
> such as inspect-channel.c. approver.c. But I end up getting some
> errors building them.
> Here's one of them.
>
> gcc inspect-channel.c $(pkg-config --cflags --libs telepathy-glib)
> inspect-channel.c: In function ‘channel_ready_cb’:
> inspect-channel.c:63: error: ‘TpIntSetFastIter’ undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> inspect-channel.c:63: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> inspect-channel.c:63: error: for each function it appears in.)
> inspect-channel.c:63: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘group_iter’
> inspect-channel.c:68: error: ‘group_iter’ undeclared (first use in
> this function)
>
> However, I could build inspect-contact.c with the same command, but I
> am having a hard
> time to figure out running it with the arguments, as I am totally new
> to telepathy.
>
> Can anyone please tell me with an exampled what two arguments do I need to pass
> to inspect-contact.c? and also what do I need to do so that I get the
> connection_ready_cb()
> callback called (i.e. on a connection).
>
> Awaiting a quick reply.
>
> Thanks,
> Vikram

Danielle Madeley
Software Developer, Collabora Ltd.                  Melbourne, Australia

www.collabora.co.uk