[Telepathy] Issue on VoIP establishment on Using empathy/telepathy

Sjoerd Simons sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 04:56:59 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 10:31 +0100, Cayetanot, Sebastien wrote:
> All,
>
> I have an issue to be able to make a VoIP using empaty/telepathy/SIP solution on Ubuntu and also MeeGO.
>
> I can generate and receive call but remote or call still stay in "Connecting..." status and sometimes one part move to "Connected" but never both.
>
> I have tried to use another SIP client (Windows or Linux one) to call empathy but the issue is the same. The Empathy still remain in "Connecting..." status.
>
> When I use other client than Empathy everything works fine.
>
> I'm using
> - empathy 2.30.2
> - telepathy-sofiasip-0.6.2

Which ubuntu version of telepathy-sofiasip? you probably want to use at
least 0.6.2-1ubuntu1 or 0.6.3, i'm not sure which version is available
in MeeGo.

If you have a new enough sofiasip then there is most likely a network
issues, to be able to help with that i'd need some details of your
network, the SIP provider you're using, how empathy is setup and ideally
a log from sofiasip with the raw SIP messages

--
Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd.simons at collabora.co.uk>
Collabora Ltd.