[Telepathy] Announce: telepathy-spec 0.21.8

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 09:14:03 PST 2010

The “I own a high-powered assault rifle; I own a 12-guage double-barrel
shotgun” release. This release includes a minor addition to ContactList,
some dead code removal, and some auspicious tooling changes from the
MPRIS project, which re-uses the documentation generator, courtesy of
Alex Merry.

tarball: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-spec/telepathy-spec-0.21.8.tar.gz
signature: http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-spec/telepathy-spec-0.21.8.tar.gz.asc

New stable API:

• Add a ContactList.ContactsChangedByID signal, which supplements
  ContactList.ContactsChanged by providing contact IDs along with
  handles. Accordingly, ContactsChanged is now deprecated. (fd.o#32467,
  smcv)

Changes to unstable API:

• Remove the once-implemented but never-used
  Account.Interface.MinimumPresence. (fd.o#29811, wjt)

Tools changes:

• Allow <annotation>s on interfaces, and interpret standard
  <annotation>s. (Alex Merry)

• Don't generate ‘Generic Types’ and ‘Errors’ if there's no content for
  them. (Alex Merry)

Will