[Telepathy] Will Empathy/Telepathy support those?

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 02:02:50 PST 2010

Le vendredi 22 janvier 2010 à 09:18 +0100, Butrus Damaskus a écrit :
> Hi!

Hi Butrus,

> Is there a plan for Empathy/Telepathy to support:
>
>  - setting XMPP resource by the user (and showing it for a remote user)

Setting your own resource is possible by using the "resource" property
which is displayed in the "advanced section" of Empathy's XMPP
configuration widget.

AFAIK there is no plan to expose contacts' resource in Telepathy (and so
Empathy). That's XMPP specific and most user don't use/understand it
(for example Google Talk randomize the resource iirc).

>  - providing/showing information about the remote user's software

There is no Telepathy API for that and I don't think one is planned for
now.

>  - allow to rerequest/resend/remove authorization from a contact

I think there is an Empathy bug request suggesting such thing.

>  - allow browsing / registering XMPP services

Not atm. That's really XMPP specific. We could imagine having Gabble
specific extensions for that (implemented as a plugin maybe?) but that's
not planned atm.

	G.