[Telepathy] Telepathy 1.0 will never happen

Xavier Claessens xclaesse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 01:15:34 PDT 2011

Le mercredi 01 juin 2011 à 09:46 +0200, Guillaume Desmottes a écrit :
> > > Where would live common types such as, say, TpHandle? Both
> > > telepathy-glib-dbus-N and tp-glib will use it and tp-glib will have to
> > > expose it in its public API.
> >
> > It's in the same boat as TpProxy in that case. Does it have code
> > associated with it which is needed from both a low and a high-level
> > situation, or could we have a typedef in one library and code in the
> > other, or just two types?

> In that case it's just a bunch of typedef. Actually there are more
> things we'd want in both, the public client API and the generated one,
> all the generated interfaces names, error, tp:type, etc.

The enums too. I guess the code gen could put all those defines in
separate headers that could be included in the high-level API. But then
we again have spec API leaking into high-level API...

> Oh, and we have now TpMessage which is a base class used by CM and
> clients:
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/telepathy-glib/TpMessage.html#TpMessage.object-hierarchy

TpMessage is hand-written code, no? I think CMs will use both
tp-glib-dbus and tp-glib. For all the utilities like tp_asv_, etc.

Regards,
Xavier Claessens.