[Telepathy] End-to-end encryption

João Paulo Rechi Vita jprvita at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:02:52 PDT 2011

Hello Christian,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 14:58, Christian Anderson <christian at avtok.com> wrote:
> I'm a programmer who is interested in helping develop Telepathy support
> for end-to-end encryption protocols such as OTR and XTLS. I know that
> there are a couple people currently thinking about this and that some
> preliminary spec work has been done. I'm wondering what the current
> state of the project is: I do not see any recent discussion of the spec.

I'm currently working on add OTR support both on Telepathy spec, as a
few new interfaces, and Gabble, to provide OTR encryption over XMPP
and also serve as a reference for people willing to implement this
support for other protocols. Right now a first draft idea is being
reviewed by Will Thompson, one of the core spec maintainers, and will
be integrated into the upstream spec soon.

This work is being done as a GSoC project under the GNOME foundation,
and I just realized I should have written a proper message presenting
myself here. I'll do this when I arrive home tonight.

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://jprvita.wordpress.com/