[Telepathy] GSoC Project: Add OTR support to Telepathy/Empathy for XMPP

João Paulo Rechi Vita jprvita at gmail.com
Wed May 18 20:30:26 PDT 2011

Hello Telepathy developers,

I'm a brazilian hacker from the University of Campinas (UNICAMP) who
have been accepted for the Google Summer of Code program to work
adding OTR-secured conversations to telepathy-spec and Gabble (as you
might have guessed from the title), under the mentorship of Will
Thompson. First of all I would like to thank you and the rest of the
GNOME community for choosing me and this task for the GSoC funding.
I'll try to complete this project on the best possible way and plan to
remain involved with the GNOME project after the end of the program.

Regarding the project itself, I'm now working on the interfaces to
expose this feature for the clients. The idea is to have this API
define until the end of may, so everything can fit into the GSoC
schedule. I'm planning maintain the project status on
https://live.gnome.org/JoaoPauloRechiVita_Telepathy_OTR and also write
some blog posts about it during it's development.

Feel free to make any questions or suggestions regarding the project,
here or privately. I'm also available on IRC as jprvita.

--
João Paulo Rechi Vita
http://jprvita.wordpress.com/