[Uim] uim making GTK2 apps crash?

TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki tkng at xem.jp
Tue Dec 30 21:11:52 EET 2003

Sorry for late reply.

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:08:36 +0100
David Oftedal <david at start.no> wrote:

> I've started getting a strange error in GTK2, and this only happens
> when I switch from uim to another input method.
>
> During the execusion of an application, I will sometimes get an error
> message similar to this one:
>
> ** (eh:8116): WARNING **: reset called: implement me
>
> The number depends on what specific input method I'm using.

 This is a waring, not an error. There is no actual harm.  This is
warning to me, 'Implement reset functions ASAP!!!!'. (But I've left this
warnig several month already...)

> Then, when I switch to another input method and press any key, the
> application segfaults. This happens in at least two apps; X-Chat and a
> text editor I made myself.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this error?

 I've experienced the same error. It's already fixed in svn HEAD and
I'll release 0.2.2 today.

> I can't remember seeing this error in the previous version of uim. Is
> it safe to switch back to uim 0.2.0?

 Warning message will be apper with old uim, too. Because I made this
some monthes ago.

--
TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki