[waimea] xrender.pc

Stephen stephen at primitiveform.com
Wed Oct 27 05:16:05 EEST 2004

xcursor is looking for xrender.pc, not Xrender.so. There's a chance you
have it installed but your PKG_CONFIG_PATH might not include the
directory xrender.pc is in.

I'm on FreeBSD 5.2 and mine are spread out in the following dirs:

/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/
/usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/
(I think there's another one but I can't remember atm.)

I'd do a search for xrender.pc and make sure the location is in your
package config path.

If you don't find it at all your probably missing the entire thing.
xrender is part of the xlibs libraries at
freedesktop.org/software/xlibs. Which I believe is a different library
from Xrender.

Steve