Touch events

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:13:38 PST 2012

It seems like it would be better if clients got the touch events first,
and the compositor only did things if the client said it was
uninterested in the events. For a lot of touch events this can be
decided immediately on the touch-down, since the client knows the user
is pushing nothing.

I don't know much about touch events, but this seems similar to global
shortcuts. It would help a lot if every keystroke was sent to clients
but the clients could say "I don't do anything with that" and then the
compositor/shell could use the keystroke as a global shortcut, and in
fact I thought this was what Wayland was going to do. It seems the same
ideas should apply to other events like touch.