Wayland Relative Pointer API Progress

x414e54 x414e54 at linux.com
Fri Apr 17 03:14:30 PDT 2015

Yes thank you for the comments.

I have added a bug/enhancement report related to dealing with this
from the evdev fd or libinput side. I do not have a huge amount of
time so please feel free to re-word it if you think of a better way.

If the compositor can handle this by creating its own evdev device fd
then having the client use libinput to receive the raw relative mouse
motion events and dpi information then this seems a very acceptable
solution. I am not sure though if it would be a good idea to expose
the original evdev device directly as data might need to be
transformed or understood by the compositor in the case such as the
"home" button on a gamepad maybe should act like the super key.

The wiimote example was mainly for GUI uses in this case you get an
implicit grab serial from the button down ask for the pointer to be
frozen/hidden and then receive events though the evdev fd (which may
be using the accelerometer).

For using a wiimote in a windowed game it is the confinement/warping
hint that is the main issue rather than the focus lock.

Thank you for the help and good luck with the API!