Wayland design principles (Re: wayland and gambas)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:17:53 UTC 2024

I believe so.
It uses dbus org.kde.StatusNotifierItem

The source code is here...
https://gitlab.com/gambas/gambas/-/tree/master/comp/src/gb.dbus.trayicon/.src

Note. I am not "the" gambas ide/source developer I am "a" gambas developer
(programmer) I have made some small contributions to the gambas environment
but Benoit is the main man.

I will forward any useful info to Benoit Minisini who is "the" gambas main
developer

Hopefully we can get everything else working.

I thought to redesign my software using a system tray as there was no way
to position a window but without system tray working I'm stuck for ideas.

Respects and thank you

Bruce Steers