[Xcb] Let's gain some popularity

kha kha@free.fr
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:59:08 +0200

> > 4) I have been trying to make hypnomoire and xcbtests run. All windows
> > creations return "Bad Window" and then here we go for a list of "Bad
> > Drawable" events.  I can't seem to get it to work, so if someone knows
> > what is happening, or has an idea in what direction I should look I
> > would be gratefull.
>
> I can't duplicate this with latest XCB CVS sources. I don't know what's
> going wrong for you; all the demo apps work for me.
>
> You can try looking at the CreateWindow documentation to see what a
> BadWindow error means, since I don't remember and am too lazy to look it
> up myself.

I also have the latest CVS (I got once more today to be sure) and it doesn't
work. I tested on thre different Linux box (Ok not so different since they are
all gentoo with pretty much the same params). I also tried to test on FreeBSD
5.0 and OpenBSD 3.2 but there the makefile is not even fully generated. You
mentionned using GNU-Autotools, I think this could make our life easier in the
near future.
I will be taking a long look at the CreateWindow doc tonight. I definitly would
like to know what is happening...

Jerome