[Xcb] XCB/XCL hosting change, new to-do list

Jamey Sharp jamey@cs.pdx.edu
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:10:20 -0700

--egxrhndXibJAPJ54

(Due to problems with PSU's DNS, you may have trouble posting to this
list for the next couple of days. I've submitted a trouble ticket. Let's
hope it's resolved soon. It's incentive to move to freedesktop.org
sooner, anyway.)

On 10/14 01:11PM, Bart Massey wrote:
> We really need to get a production-quality version of XCB/XCL out the
> door.  I think we're 80% of the way there (whatever that means).

It means there's a fairly comprehensive list of things that need to be
done to XCB up, at http://freedesktop.org/Software/XCBToDo. That page
also has the beginning of a list of things that need to be done to XCL,
and some general stuff that applies to both. See also
http://xcb.freedesktop.org/, the new home of the XCB TWiki.

I'd appreciate review and correction of the list. I'm hoping especially
that Bart and Andy will look at it, and anyone who's interested in
helping out should find it helpful to read too.

A new feature of the site is that a revised version of the
xcb_proto_macros document is up as the TWiki topic XCBProtocolLanguage,
making it more accessible and easier to keep up to date. I've made minor
corrections to the parts that were already written, and added headings
for the macros that haven't been documented yet.

Bart, could you add `RedirectMatch .* http://xcb.freedesktop.org/`
anywhere on nexp that XCB TWiki stuff appears? I think a .htaccess file
somewhere in the XCB wiki-farm directory ought to do the trick. I'll
take care of moving the CVS repository to freedesktop.org sometime soon
too, and look into getting a mailing list there as well.

Thanks all,
--=20
Jamey Sharp <jamey@minilop.net> - http://minilop.net/

--egxrhndXibJAPJ54