[Xcb] XCBImage

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sun Mar 20 01:55:34 PST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:20:58AM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Ah, the WFM(tm)...
> Well i've updated autofoo, uninstalled and installed xcb-util and it works
>
> grrr

Hehe. On the one hand, I'm sorry it caused you frustration... on the
other hand, I'm glad it works. :-)

> well, 2 things :
>
> 1) what about separating image stuff without shm and stuff with shm ? If
> no, maybe we should add #include <X11/XCB/shm.h> in xcb_image.h, no ?

Every header file we install should #include enough other headers to
define all of the types it uses, absolutely. I'm not sure whether
there's much point in separating the XCBImage bits that use SHM from
those that don't, though.

> 2) There is a small test of PutPixel (no shm) attached, in ZPixmap format.
> It draws a Lissajoux curve. In XYPixmap format, nothing is drawn. What
> about adding it as test, or replacing the current test by this one ?

It seems like a fine new test to add. I tried it out and sure enough, it
didn't work if I changed "ZPixmap" to "XYPixmap" in the source. I
fiddled with it a bit in GDB, but I got bored. :-)

Please do commit, though I'd suggest changing the program's name.
"lissajoux.c", perhaps, so that I'll never be able to type it correctly,
ever?

--Jamey