[Xcb] xcb-util make error

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Dec 26 04:57:40 PST 2006

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Christer Sandvik wrote:

>> If your only trouble with XCB is that the released xcb-util tarball
>> won't build, then the best we can do is try to help troubleshoot what
>> goes wrong when you run
>> 	git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xcb/util
>> If you're having trouble installing git, again, you'll need to ask for
>> help with that from people who know the MacOS X environment.
>>
> Git compiling fails, is there anyone with OSX experience? Patience, patience,
> patience the voice in my head says.

always give the compiling error. We can give you answers faster. Also,
when I want to track a compiling error, I use google. It helped me a lot
(for compiling linux progs/libs with mingw, for example)

>> Finally, evas of course has been implemented using Xlib for a long time,
>> which doesn't need xcb-util. If you just want to get evas working, I'd
>> think you shouldn't be using Vincent's XCB port yet.

I think that I've missed a mail :)

>> p.s. valgrind won't run on PowerPC, right? Last I checked it only
>> supported x86, since it works at the machine-code level.
> Exactly so what happens if i really need it? Then evas in the end won't
> compile either or?

valgrind is only used for debug purposes. You don't need it to compile or
run evas.

Vincent