[Xcb] xcb-util make error

Christer Sandvik christer.sandvik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 03:24:13 PST 2006

Jamey Sharp wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 11:27:34AM +0100, Christer Sandvik wrote:
>
>> Hallå!
>>

> Wiktionary says that's Swedish; is that right? Neat. I like seeing
> examples of languages I don't know. :-)

Ja, det kan vara intressant ibland inte sant? = Yes, it can be
interesting some times not true?

>> I need it for evas which won't compile without, directfb which needs
>> libsdl which is down and also librsvg and valgrund and xcb-util errors
>> and git won't (I'm under apple-powerpc-darwin) and glib errors in making
>> too. Is there patches? Or can you share your skills on this problem?
>>

> First, would you ask this question on the mailing list? Ian Osgood
> builds XCB on MacOS X, and Vincent has done all the work of porting evas
> to XCB; they're probably better equipped to answer your question than I
> am.

Out there Ian? If you see, please answer me. Anyone has his private
e-mail address please share it.
> Also, more detail about your XCB-specific questions will help. Directfb,
> libsdl, librsvg, glib, valgrind, and git are all projects not related to
> ours, and of those, I'm really only familiar with valgrind and git, so
> you'll need to ask for help from people familiar with those somewhere
> else.
>
> If your only trouble with XCB is that the released xcb-util tarball
> won't build, then the best we can do is try to help troubleshoot what
> goes wrong when you run
> 	git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xcb/util
> If you're having trouble installing git, again, you'll need to ask for
> help with that from people who know the MacOS X environment.

Git compiling fails, is there anyone with OSX experience? Patience,
patience, patience the voice in my head says.
> Finally, evas of course has been implemented using Xlib for a long time,
> which doesn't need xcb-util. If you just want to get evas working, I'd
> think you shouldn't be using Vincent's XCB port yet.
>
> --Jamey
>
> p.s. valgrind won't run on PowerPC, right? Last I checked it only
> supported x86, since it works at the machine-code level.
Exactly so what happens if i really need it? Then evas in the end won't
compile either or?