[Xcb] xcb-util OSX help

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Sat Dec 30 11:48:19 PST 2006

On Dec 30, 2006, at 3:54 AM, Christer Sandvik wrote:

> I have the git repository of xcb-util but how should I adept it to
> OSX to make it work in the compile? Anyone working OSX?

For OS X, you need to install the OS X development tools, which might
be on a different CD. Then you also need to upgrade automake to
version 1.7 or newer, and install pkgconfig. Also, libtoolize on OS X
is named "glibtoolize", so you need to "export
LIBTOOLIZE=glibtoolize" before running automake.

Read the XCB developers page at http://xcb.freedesktop.org/wiki/
DevelopersGuide
This will direct you to first read http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/
ModularDevelopersGuide
Especially note settings for PKG_CONFIG_PATH and ACLOCAL.

You've already installed git and downloaded xcb-util. To build the
libraries or any other autotooled module directly from the
repository, you start by changing to the root directory (cd xcb/util)
and running ./autogen.sh. This will detect your system (Darwin)
automatically and generate makefiles for all modules and submodules.
When it completes, you can run "make" to make the libraries and "make
install" to install them, as if you had downloaded tarballs.

Ian