[Xcb] missing xdmcp in the wiki dev page

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Fri May 5 21:42:47 PDT 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 06:37:16AM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> don't you think we should add something about xdmcp on the wiki dev page ?
> (even if it is optional) That is, where to find it, mainly.

Yes. It comes from X.org CVS, in lib/Xdmcp.

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 05:08:15PM +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> it's optional, but configure checks it

We didn't need it until recently. To support XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1, I
decided to punt the DES bits to libXdmcp for now. (I lost your old
xcb_des.[ch], Bart, somewhere in the pile of fd.o migrations that have
happened since you wrote it. And I didn't want to think.)

If libXdmcp isn't available or doesn't have Wraphelp, then XCB doesn't
support XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 and doesn't link against libXdmcp.

--Jamey