[Xcb] doxygen and documentation

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Sat Nov 4 06:12:07 PST 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 04:31:02PM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
>> Hey,
>
> Hi Vincent!
>
>> I would like to mention that I have sent a mail about a possible add of a
>> doc rule in the Makefiles. Without answer.
>
> Sorry. Here's an answer.
>
> Josh and I discussed your proposal yesterday, but unfortunately I don't
> have a record of that conversation.
>
> I think what we concluded was that we'd like to have a `make doc`
> target, as you suggest. But we don't want it to run automatically; we
> don't want the results to go into distribution tarballs; and we don't
> want to require that people have Doxygen installed to build XCB.
>
> So I think the patch is pretty simple, and pretty much just adds these
> two lines to the top-level Makefile.am:
>
> doc:
> 	doxygen xcb.doxygen
>
> Did you have something else in mind?

Hey,

Yes, I have :

  1) add in configure a check of doxygen. If it does not exists, make the
build of the doc unable.
  2) add --enable-doc as an option of configure (by default enabled, if
doxygen is found, of course).
  3) the doc rule (as you suggested) not being part of the all rule. But
add also a rule to install it (in $datadir)

Vincent