[Xcb] Adding pthread stubs into libxcb

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Nov 7 12:32:04 PST 2006

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:07:56 -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Oops.  Yes, everyone definitely wants to be working with
> top-of-tree right now.  We should probably just roll a new
> RC tarball every time an interesting bug is fixed, but that
> would require someone to keep track and do the work.
> Volunteers?

If you don't want to worry about "interesting" then you can very
easily make a new tar file with every commit. Just put something like
the following into xcb.git/hooks/post-update on the central machine:

	git-tar-tree HEAD xcb | gzip -c > /some/directory/xcb-latest.tar.gz

You can imagine obvious improvements, (keeping old versions, putting
some numeric distinction between them, being careful to make th e
overwriting more atomic, etc.)

Oh, and this creates a tar file of the source as git knows it, which
is different than how you're probably making release tar files, (in
that someone using this tar file will need to have the autotools,
won't yet have a configure script, etc.).

But the above is just so darn fast and easy to do that it seems
tempting to do just that. What it provides is a way for people to get
the latest source without having to have a working git client.

-Carl