[Xcb] Adding pthread stubs into libxcb

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Nov 7 16:14:01 PST 2006

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 12:07:56PM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Oops.  Yes, everyone definitely wants to be working with
> top-of-tree right now.

That shouldn't be true, and I think it generally isn't. We
released the libX11 1.1 and libXCB 1.0 RC tarballs because we
believe they're stable and ready for widespread use.

If you look at the git history for both projects, you'll see
that we've rolled RC tarballs every few commits. There isn't
that much development needed or happening right now.

> We should probably just roll a new RC tarball every time an
> interesting bug is fixed, but that would require someone to
> keep track and do the work.

We've had one substantial bug in the RC series, and that's
this one (in libX11, by the way). Much as I'd like more help
with XCB, this isn't an area that needs it.

Carl's suggestion sounds good, though, and if someone were to
implement it I sure wouldn't object.

--Jamey