[Xcb] pthread-stubs required for libxcb?

Josh Triplett josh at freedesktop.org
Sat Nov 25 12:30:16 PST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> configure for libxcb uses pkg-config to check for pthread-stubs.
>
> Would it be okay to have a configure switch to not require the
> pthread-stubs?

No; doing so safely would require including the same logic from pthread-stubs
into configure.ac, to check if the platform libc provides all the necessary
stubs, and we wanted to factor that *out* of XCB.  However, if you don't want
xcb.pc to require pthread-stubs when buliding software which uses libxcb, we
could make configure.ac check if pthread-stubs provides any libs or cflags,
and if not, avoid putting it in NEEDED to get substituted into xcb.pc.in.
That might make things easier on libxcb users.

- Josh Triplett