[Xcb] documentation.

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Nov 27 21:27:06 PST 2006

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 08:17:02AM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hey,

Hi Vincent!

> I've tried to add a specific doc for the *_next functions. Here is what
> I've done in c-client.xsl:

Cool, thanks.

> I've added after line 941 (<function type="void" name="{$ref}_next">) :
>
>         <doc>/**
> </doc>
>         <doc> * Get the next element of the iterator
> </doc>

Rather than placing an extra newline in every use of the <doc> tag, you
might arrange to add the newline automatically. That would make this
look much better when reading the XSLT. I think the existing <l> tag
actually does what you want here: you may be able to just use that, or
translate <doc> tags to <l> tags when switching between phases, or
something.

> The output is correct ...
> do you think that it's a good method for the protocol stub api ?

I think this is a good method, yes. Thanks for working on it!

> (well, except that there are 2 comments for the _next functions and
> that they appear in the .c and .h files)

Yeah, I assume there's no point in having Doxygen comments in the
generated .c source files? It's pretty easy to test whether we're
generating a .c or a .h file, and omit the comments for one of them.

--Jamey