[Xcb] old XCBSync question

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Sat Sep 9 08:16:40 PDT 2006

On Sep 8, 2006, at 11:17 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:

> hey,
>
> for the evas engine, I have to call in the same function several
> time XCBSync. Don't ask me why. Ask raster :)

All right... WHY, RASTER, WHY??? Syncing makes baby Jesus cry.

Seriously, we've been looking for provable Sync use cases. Please
have raster forward his reasons to the list, especially for something
as heinous as multiple Syncs in one function. Attach code if you need
to.

> As it is deprecated, I replace it by a call of XCBGetInputFocusReply

No, just use XCBAuxSync from xcb-util instead, if you must.

> My question is : Can I call XCBGetInputFocusUnchecked once and
> XCBGetInputFocusReply several times later ? Is it necessary to call
> XCBGetInputFocusUnchecked each time I want to sync the connection ?

Yes, each XCB*Reply matches one request. No shortcuts.

Ian