[Xcb] GIT repo split done

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Sep 26 00:38:39 PDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 09:07:15AM -0700, Ian Osgood wrote:
> (Question: does 'make install' remove the files from the obsolete
> locations?)

No, it doesn't. Actually, the idea of having 'make install' delete
things seems wrong to me...

This is why I use stow, personally. :-)

> I updated the DevelopersGuide wiki page for the split repositories.
> Please review.

I've reviewed, and it looks fine. The extra '.git' on every repository
URL is unnecessary and bugs me a little, but not enough to actually go
fix it. :-)

> What is the plan for grafting the CVS history onto the split
> repositories?

The plan is that... we'll... do it. Eventually.

We chose to omit the CVS history when splitting so that we can re-import
it repeatedly until we get it right. :-)

--Jamey