[Xcb] Nested XLockDisplay

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Jan 6 13:11:05 PST 2007

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 12:47:40PM -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Bug found (by me) and fixed (by keithp).  Check out the
> just-committed libXrandr to get the fixes.  Sorry it took us
> so long.

Darn, I had just found the bug myself, and you beat me to fixing it.

...Wait, less work for me. Sweet. ;-)

The reason this bug hadn't been seen before is that some libXrandr entry
points don't have the bug, and the results are cached. So as long as
your first RandR call is to XRRQueryVersion, for instance, you won't see
this problem.

If you have access to the source for the program or library that's
calling libXrandr, you might insert an XRRQueryVersion call as a
workaround. This is probably a good idea anyway, as you likely should be
checking that the features you need are supported before you try to use
them.

--Jamey