[Xcb] Missing copyright notices

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Apr 7 09:49:51 PDT 2008

In message <20080407164130.GL10368 at abydos.adm.naquadah.org> you wrote:
> At 1206550968 time_t, Barton C Massey wrote:
> > XCB util authors: We can't just go around slapping a
> > copyright notice and license on your code for you without
> > your permission. Please post to this list explicitly
> > acknowledging that we have permission to do so.  List each
> > file that your are the original author of and that Julien
> > has added a copyright notice and/or license to with his
> > patches.  A good form to use might be something like.
>
> It seems most have answered, don't you think it may be time to commit
> this? :)

Probably.  The last remaining task is to dig through the
list archives and actually construct a file to ship with the
code quoting the relevant email messages.  Any chance I
could get you to do that?

We clearly did horribly at setting up a contribution policy.
We should require either copyright assignment or an
appropriate license notice for anything committed to the XCB
repositories, else delete it and revoke committer privs.  If
we screw this up, the worst-case consequences could
potentially be kind of horrific.

Thanks much for your help!

	Bart