[Xcb] python bindings

Mark Seaborn mrs at mythic-beasts.com
Wed Feb 20 11:26:54 PST 2008

"Xavier Toth" <txtoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone created python bindings to xcb based protocol extensions?
> Anyone used swig against a xcb generated header files? If so were you
> able to use the extension from python? Any issues?

I have a Python library for encoding and decoding X messages using the
XCB definitions (http://plash.beasts.org/wiki/X11ProxySpike), and
there are some example X clients [1], although they are mainly focused
on testing for things that an X11 security system should block and the
interface could do with a little refactoring for more convenient
client-side use.  However, it's pure Python and it does not provide
wrappers around XCB's C code, which might be what you want, depending
on what you want to achieve.

Mark

[1] http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/plash/scratch/x11-proxy/example_clients.py?view=auto