[Xcb] about xcb_image

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Thu Feb 21 00:20:00 PST 2008

Hey,

that question is more for Bart, I guess.

I'm trying to use the new xcb_image api in the efl (especially in evas),
and I have some difficulties to understand what values to pass to
xcb_create_native.

The old call was:

xcb_image_create(c, depth, XCB_IMAGE_FORMAT_Z_PIXMAP, 0, data, w, h, 32, 0);

I tried something that I thought correct:

xcb_image_create_native(c, w, h, XCB_IMAGE_FORMAT_Z_PIXMAP, depth, NULL, 0, data)

Am I wrong ?

same question for

xcb_image_shm_create(c, depth, XCB_IMAGE_FORMAT_Z_PIXMAP, NULL, w, h);

and

xcb_image_create_native(c, w, h, XCB_IMAGE_FORMAT_Z_PIXMAP, depth, NULL, ~0, NULL);

not really related, but i think that the doc of the return value of
xcb_image_shm_put is wrong (it is mentioned several times that, on sucess,
the returned value is 1, while a pointer is returned. Is it normal ?

thank you

Vincent