[Xcb] [ANN] XCB Python binding pre-release

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Jun 10 11:11:28 PDT 2008

In message <484DA6A7.4020306 at tycho.nsa.gov> you wrote:
> Barton C Massey wrote:
> >> The Python binding depends on the Python parser that I upstreamed
> >> earlier to proto/xcbgen.
> > OK, so I'm easily confused. :-) You committed the Python
> > parser, right?  So it's just a matter of us having a formal
> > release or something?
> Yes, whenever the next release is made, the Python binding can be
> included as a released product.  Until then, you can build it from
> source and try it out today.  That's all I'm saying.

Got it.  Talked to Jamey and Josh, we have a plan for
getting it released in the next couple of weeks, along with
the connection handoff stuff that seems increasingly cool as
we work on it.

> > What can we do to help you? :-)
>
> Actually, it would be nice if the links on the XcbPythonBinding wiki
> page could be fixed.  They appear as literal square brackets right now.
> Don't know why ikiwiki isn't taking them.

Yeah, the wiki links seem broken (on a lot of pages, not
just on this page).  I've sent email to the appropriate
people, who will hopefully provide a fix.

    Bart