[Xcb] patches from Arnaud Fontaine

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud at andesi.org
Fri Mar 28 07:17:25 PDT 2008

Hi,

    Barton> I've really  been waiting for Jamey, who  wrote the original
    Barton> window  manager code, to review the  window manager patches.
    Barton> I guess he's not going  to, being busy with the stuff he and
    Barton> Josh are doing on handoffs.  Arnaud's patches looked fine to
    Barton> me---they should probably  just be committed.  We can always
    Barton> back them out again if we need to.

What do you think about the following:

 At  the  moment, xcb_get_wm_transient()  returns  a  pointer  on a  new
 allocated    pointer    on     a    xcb_hints_t    structure    whereas
 xcb_get_wm_size_hints() fills  the given xcb_size_hints_t  structure. I
 think  that the  behavior of  both  should be  the same:  return a  new
 allocated pointer on  a hints structure _or_ fills  the structure given
 as a parameter.

Regards,
Arnaud Fontaine