[Xcb] Problems with Debian libxcb1 update

Duane Kaufman duanek at chorus.net
Fri Mar 20 09:14:06 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have been wrestling with a problem on my Debian squeeze system for
the past week or so. A bit of background is in this thread:
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?p=215695#215695

Th problem may lie with the state of the packages in squeeze, and if
so, I am sorry to have bothered anyone. If not though, my real
question boils down to how to deal with the removal of
libxcb-xlib.so.0 when libxcb1 version 1.2 gets installed? It seems I
have applications (KDM, etc) which depend on it, and nothing takes its
place.

Thanks,
Duane