[Xcb] Win32 branch of XCB now up :)

Peter Harris git at peter.is-a-geek.org
Tue May 12 06:38:42 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Jeetu Golani wrote:

>> 2) I prefer #ifdef _WIN32 (defined by the compiler) over #ifdef WIN32
>> (defined by the makefile). But that's just my personal preference, not
>> official policy or anything.
>
> I don't mind changing this. Would appreciate if you could explain the
> rationale behind this from a purely informative perspective.

_WIN32 is defined by the compiler, so you can rely on it being set in
a Win32 environment. WIN32 is not. So if someone wants to use a
different compiler/environment from the one you used (appears to be
msys and/or cygwin, since you're changing autofoo), they have to
remember to define WIN32 in their own project/make files.

Thanks,
 Peter Harris