[Xcb] Problem selecting event input from different threads.

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Apr 19 03:26:33 PDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Vincent Torri <vtorri at univ-evry.fr> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Jamey Sharp wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:56 AM, Erik De Rijcke <derijcke.erik at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'll try to make a simple unit test (Java with C) that replicates
>>> this behavior if it would help squashing this bug?
>>
>> It certainly improves our chances!
>
> unit testing (there are some but too few) + benchmarks should have been done
> since a long time. Profiling too. Maybe it's time to do them...

I'd love to see somebody pick that up again! I guess it should have
been on the Google Summer of Code ideas list.

Frankly, I don't know how to even begin seriously unit testing
something as low-level as XCB, even if I had time to do the
work--especially if we're trying to catch threading bugs. What kinds
of tests would you write?

Jamey