[Xcb] Problem selecting event input from different threads.

Erik De Rijcke derijcke.erik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 05:53:31 PDT 2010

I've tested with the xlib-xcb-thread-fixes. Thread A never receives any
configure requests or map request events, while another thread B is waiting
eternally for a reply. This is basically the same behavior as originally
described with the difference that thread B now locks. Thread B is locked
before an event is send to thread A and keeps being locked while thread A
should have received an event.

What's perhaps also interesting to know is that a substructure redirect mask
is set on the root window. This should keep client windows from being made
visible and events should be send, yet they are instantly mapped like no
mask is set on the root window, hence why thread A never receives any
events. Other trivial events, like KeymapNotify, still arrive.